Bayern Munich need a win to secure their fourth consecutive Bundesliga title, when they host Borussia Monchengladbach at Allianz Arena on Saturday evening, 30th April 2016; scheduled to kick-off at 14:30 GMT.
Bayern wants to put the disappointing 1-0 defeat against Atletico in the midweek Champions League behind them and will be keen to bounce back with a win. Their 7 points lead against second placed Borussia Dortmund also means that they need just more points from remaining 3 matches to win the Bundesliga title again.
Borussia Monchengladbach are fifth in the league table and they would like to avoid a defeat here to keep their Europa League qualification spot. Gladbach’s form is not that great and they had specially struggled in matches away from home all season.
- Bayern Munich are on a 6 match winning run in the league and are unbeaten in their last 7.
- The Bavarians had kept clean sheets in 6 of their last 7 league matches.
- Bayern had won 14 of their 15 home games in Bundesliga this season, with the one defeat coming against Mainz in the begining of March.
- The Roten haven’t let a goal passed them in the last three home matches.
- Gladbach lost 2 of their last three matches and their form in last 5 reads 2 wins and 3 losses.
- Gladbach have now lost in all of their last 4 away games and haven’t won a match on the road in their last 9.
Bayern Munich: Team News
Jerome Boateng returns to full fitness and is expected to start here, while Holger Badstuber and Arjen Robben remains sidelined.
Mario Gotze is also pushing for a start here and Pep Guardiola is likely to rotate his squad with an eye on the crucial Champions League fixture against Atletico Madrid.
Bayern Munich: Predicted Line-up (4-1-4-1)
Bernat, Benatia, Boateng, Rafinha,
Ribery, Gotze, Thiago, Costa,
Monchengladbach: Team News
Nico Schulz, Alvaro Dominguez, Tony Jantschke and Martin Stranzl are out injured for Gladbach, while Fabian Johnson is short of match fitness.
Andre Schubert is expected to stick with the same line-up he used in the previous weeks.
Monchengladbach: Predicted Line-up (3-4-1-2)
Nordveit, Christensen, Elvedi,
Traore, Dahoud, Xhaka, Wendt,
Bayern Munich vs Monchengladbach: Head-to-Head
- Bayern failed to win the last three matches against Borussia, with 1 draw and 2 defeats.
- The 3-1 defeat in the reverse fixture of this season’s Bundesliga was Bayern’s only loss in the league till the winter break.
- Borussia Monchengladbach were victorious in their last trip to Allianz Arena, in a match which ended 2-0 on March 2015.
- Bayern’s record against Gladback in the last 5 Bundesliga encounters at home is 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats.
Bayern Munich vs Monchengladbach: Prediction
Bayern are up against a poor away team and they have the perfect chance to win the title with 2 games in hand. No surprises are expected in this match and it will be a straight win for the team from Bavaria.
A loss here should really affect Gladbach’s European dreams, but they have been poor on the road all season and are expected to struggle against Bundesliga’s record Champions on Saturday evening.
Bayern Munich vs Monchengladbach: Bet Tips
Best Bet: Over 1.5 goals in First Half.
Big Money Bet: Mario Gotze to score first goal.