Bayern Munich host relegation candidate Eintracht Frankfurt at Alianz Arena this weekend as they get closer to title glory.
Bayern Munich are league leaders with 69 points and are hoping to extend it to 72 and add to Eintracht’s woes. Frankfurt are 17th in the table and are hoping to win and get themselves out of the drop zone depending on results else where.
- Bayern Munich are in a good form as they have won 4 of their last 6 games drew 1 and lost 1 while Eintracht have won just 1 of their last 6 games.
- Bayern are the highest scoring team in the Bundesliga; they have scored 65 goals so far and they are the least conceding team, with 13 goals this season.
- Eintracht have lost 5 of their last 6 away games while Bayern have won 13 of their last 14 home games.
Bayern Munich: Team News
Arjen Robben, Boateng and Badstubber remain on injury. Javi Martinez is a doubt for this game but could feature if he is fit in time.
Both South American players Douglas Costa and Arturo Vidal are likely to be rested due to their long trips back to Germany after playing for their national teams in World Cup qualifying campaign.
Bayern Munich: Expected Starting Line up (4-1-4-1)
Neuer – Rafinha, Kimmich, Alaba, Bemat – Alonso – Rode, Coman, Thiago, Ribery -Lewandowski.
Eintracht Frankfurt: Team News
Johannes Flum, Gacinovic and Anderson will miss the games due to injury. The team recieved a squad boost as Alexander Meier is back into the squad from his injury.
Eintracht Frankfurt: Expected Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Hradecky – Russ, Zambrano, Chandler, Djakpa – Reinartz, Stendra – Aigner, Huszti, Ben Hatina – Seferovic.
Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Head-To-Head stats
- Both Teams have met 89 times of which Bayern have won 49 games, drew 20 and lost 20.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last 10 home games against Eintracht Frankfurt as they have won 9 of the 10 games and drew 1.
- Bayern have also kept clean sheets in 6 of their last 10 home games against Eintracht.
- Bayern have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 home games against Eintracht.
Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Prediction
It is a straight win predicted for Bayern Munich considering their good form. Over 2.5 goals is expected in the game as Bayern have scored at least 2 goals in 13 of their last 14 Bundesliga home games.