Basel vs PSG
UEFA Champions League – Group A
Date: Tuesday, 1st November, 2016
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK,
Venue: St. Jakob-Park, Basel.
Basel will hope to extend their unbeaten form at home as they host PSG on Tuesday night at St. Jakob Park.
Basel will enter this fixture from a back to back victory last week. They defeated Grasshopper 0-2 on the road on Saturday afternoon. Except for the two Champions League defeats, Basel have been unbeaten in all competitions this season. Basel will be hoping to win this game to get chance of playing in the knock-out stage of either of the Europe competitions.
PSG are a win away from round 16 qualification, they are currently 2nd in the group with 7 points. PSG will enter this game from a 0-1 away win against Lille on Saturday, they will hope to build on that win as they travel to Switzerland. At the same time, the French Champions are way short of the usual best. And their dominance in the domestic league was nullified by the fairly tale run of OGC Nice.
Basel vs PSG: Head to Head Statistics
- The first leg of this fixture is the only game played between the two teams.
- Also, the first leg of the game happens to be the first time PSG are played against a Swiss team.
- Basel have played 12 games against a French team, this includes the first leg of this fixture.
- Basel have won 4 games against a French team, drawn 4 and lost 4.
- At home, Basel have won 4 games, drawn 2 and lost 1 against a French team.
Basel vs PSG: Prediction
Both team have been on good run of form lately, but PSG have better quality players with the experience of playing at the highest level. Basel are no pushovers, however they tend to struggle against teams of PSG’s stature. The Ligue 1 side is currently on a run of 6 game unbeaten run with 5 of them being wins. They had kept clean sheets in their last 3 games and are likely to keep another clean sheet on Tuesday.
Basel vs PSG: Bet Tips
PSG to win at 1.60 (3/5)
PSG to keen a clean sheet at 2.37 (11/8)
Any Time Goal Scorer: Edinson Cavani at 1.80.