Basel vs Marseille
UEFA Europa Conference League
Date: Thursday, 17 March 2022
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: St. Jakob-Park.
Not only are Marseille in good form, but they also managed to deliver a 2-1 win in the first leg, and now have the advantage going into the return fixture.
They have been the best team in Ligue 1 this season after PSG of course, and they are determined to make a deep run in the Conference League.
Meanwhile, Basel are finding it hard to deliver good results, and they are also conceding goals quite in plenty. And with them under pressure to overcome this goal-deficit, the edge lies with their counterparts. Expect the French team to progress to the next round.
Basel vs Marseille Head-to-head (h2h)
- Marseille have won all but one or their European knockout ties against Swiss opponents.
- They have remained unbeaten in their last three visits to Switzerland.
- Meanwhile, Basel were winless in 10 of their total 14 clashes against other French foes.
Basel vs Marseille Prediction & Analysis
Basel were winless in five of their last eight overall fixtures, and they had also lost the first leg 2-1. Now they have to find an unanswered goal in ninety minutes at home, and the in-form Marseille will try to take advantage of that.
Moreover, they are on a two-fixture winning streak, and they had scored a total of six goals in the process. They were also unbeaten in six of their past eight overall matches, and they had also won eight of their past eleven road trips.
Considering these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for Marseille this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Marseille had won just thrice in the past two-month period, and they had conceded two or more goals in six of the past nine match-ups.
- Meanwhile, Marseille have lost just one league game on the road in the past five-month period, and this sole loss had come against Lyon.
Tips for Basel vs Marseille
Marseille to Win @ 2.20 (6/5)
Correct Score: 2-1 Marseille @ 9.00 (8/1).