FC Basel vs Luzern
Switzerland – Super League
Date: Monday, 3 August 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: St. Jakob-Park.
Basel guaranteed their seats in next edition of the Europa league with the recent draw. But the fans and management will not be happy with the mere draw against Thun which is a team at the bottom of the table. There is still seven points between them and second position.
Meantime, Luzern finally returned to winning ways in the league. The home win over Zurich was their first three points after six consecutive games. Most of these games were defeats, so this win means a lot to squad.
FC Basel vs Luzern: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Luzern has an active two match winning run going on in this fixture.
- Basel has three wins and two defeats in the last five head to head games.
- All four latest clashes between them saw more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts have never failed to score against this opposition since 2018.
- The home team is on a three match winning run against Luzern at this ground.
- They are unbeaten in the last 10 meetings here in all competitions.
- All 13 previous clashes between them here had over 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
- Basel is unbeaten in six back to back league games currently.
FC Basel vs Luzern: Prediction
The hosts are one of the better teams at home this season. From 17 home fixtures they have 11 wins and only three defeats.
So the home season was the backbone of their current positioning in the table. Also, they have a dominant performance over this opposition in recent head to head matches. So I am backing the home side to win this upcoming tie comfortably.
The visitors are on a losing streak at present on the road. They have a poor scoring record in away games; an average of less than a goal per game. Even though they have scored past the home team before I do not see them scoring here on Monday.
But there will be goals for sure from the hosts. So I am backing the home team to win with only one team scoring.
FC Basel vs Luzern: Betting Tips
Both teams to score: No @ 2.90 (19/10).
Basel to win @ 1.85 (6/7).