Barnsley vs Millwall
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 27 June 2020
Kick-Off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: Oakwell (Barnsley).
Barnsley is very much likely to end up in League One after just a year in the Championship. With 37 points they are 23rd in the table with just a point between them and Luton who are at the bottom. After a couple of defeats they are fresh from an away win to QPR in their latest league action.
The recent loss against Derby ended a three match unbeaten run for Millwall. They have done extremely well compared to last season when they finished 21st in the table. Currently they are in 11th position with more draws than wins. But compared to other teams they have mediocre attack which has scored only 46 goals this season.
Barnsley vs Millwall: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Tykes has three wins and two defeats in 5 previous meetings with this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five matches.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all four of those games as well.
- In 5 previous head to head matches, the hosts have 4 wins and a defeat at this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those matches.
Barnsley vs Millwall: Prediction
The head to head history favours the home side at this ground. But with their current home form it is hard to give them an upper hand in this upcoming game. They have only one win in five recent home matches. This came against a weak Middlesbrough side and the final score was just 1-0. On the contrary, Millwall has recent away wins against top teams like Nottingham Forest and Preston. So I am backing a double chance for either a draw or Millwall winning.
There may not be many goals to keep us entertained in this one. But we can expect goals from both squads considering their recent defensive performances. The hosts have a great scoring record against the Lions at this ground. The visitors have scored in three matches on the trot as well. So I am backing both teams to score this weekend.
Barnsley vs Millwall: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Millwall to win @ 1.48 (1/2).
- Both teams to score @ 1.85 (6/7).