Barcelona vs Sevilla
Spanish Super Cup – Second Leg.
Date: Wednesday, 17 August, 2016
Kick-Off: 21:00 UK,
Venue: Camp Nou (Barcelona).
Barcelona have a two goal lead to defend when they welcome Sevilla for the second leg of Spanish Super Cup Final on Wednesday evening.
The Andalusians managed to hold-off a star studded Barcelona until the first 45 minutes. Some brilliant build-up play in the second half set Luis Suarez in the 54th minute to break the dead lock. Munir El Haddadi then complete the scoring for the Blaugrana with a fine finish in the 81st minute.
Barcelona: Team News
- Luis Enrique will be without the injured Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Andres Iniesta and Jeremy Mathieu for the second leg of the Super Cup final against Sevilla.
- While Neymar and Rafina are with the Brazil Olympics squad at the Rio Olympics.
- Jordi Alba is a doubt and Lucas Digne could make the debut since making is switch from Paris Saint-Germain this summer.
Barcelona: Expected Starting Line-up (4-3-3)
Bravo – Digne, Mascherano, Pique, Roberto – Rakitic, Busquests, Dennis Suarez – Turan, Messi, Suarez.
Sevilla: Team News
- David Soria, Benoit Tremoulinas and Michael Krohn-Dehli are injured and will miss the trip to Barcelona.
- Gabriel Mercado is likely to retain his place at the center back after an impressive debut in the first leg.
- Steven N’Zonzi is back from suspension and he could partner Matías Kranevitter in the holding midfield role.
Sevilla: Expected Starting Line-up (4-3-3)
Rico – Escudero, Rami, Mercado, Mariano – Kiyotake, N’Zonzi, Kranevitter – Konoplyanka, Vitolo, Vietto.
Barcelona vs Sevilla: Head-to-Head Stats
- Barcelona are on a three match winning run against Sevilla in all competitions.
- Sevilla had only won once in the last 16 meetings with Barcelona.
- Barcelona have won in each of the last 8 home matches against Sevilla.
Barcelona vs Sevilla: Prediction
The two goal lead from the first leg is a cushion for comfort for the hosts and they will do what they do best by keeping the ball. And Sevilla will find it hard to find a way back into this fixture.
Judging by the scoring form of Barcelona, they are likely to win by a 2 goal margin. I will be also backing Luis Suarez to score any time during the match.
Barcelona vs Sevilla: Betting Tips
1) Handicap – Barcelona (-1) at 1.80.
2) Luis Suarez to score any-time at 1.44.
3) Barcelona to score in first half at 1.40.