AZ Alkmaar vs Fortuna Sittard
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Thursday, 2 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: AFAS Stadion.
Sittard have been one of the worst teams in the Dutch top flight, and they are understandably placed in the bottom-most tier. Meanwhile, though AZ have had their share of problems, they have managed to do well at home.
In fact, they have been one of the best teams at home lately and will surely be counting on that fact a lot this Thursday.
As things stand, expect a win for Alkmaar at the AFAS Stadion.
AZ Alkmaar vs Fortuna Sittard Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for AZ.
- They had won eight of the past nine clashes.
- At this venue, the hosts are on a five-game winning streak.
- The combined scorecard for the last five match-ups at this venue is 18-2, in their favor.
AZ Alkmaar vs Fortuna Sittard Prediction & Analysis
AZ were unbeaten in ten of the past twelve overall fixtures, and one of these losses had come against Feyenoord. At home, they had won 19 of the past 22 appearances, and had scored in plenty in almost all of these games.
On the other hand, Sittard had conceded three or more goals in their last four matches in a row, and had lost all four as well. They were also winless in 18 of the past 22 fixtures, and the last they won on the road was back in April.
Considering these observations, expect a win for AZ this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sittard are placed 17th in the table, and have won just twice all through this campaign.
- They have conceded six more goals than any other team in the competition, and are also on a four-fixture losing streak in the league.
- Meanwhile, AZ have lost just once at home since January – and this defeat had come against PSV.
Tips for AZ Alkmaar vs Fortuna Sittard
AZ Alkmaar -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.90 (9/10)
AZ Alkmaar to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.80 (4/5).