Aves vs Vitoria Setubal
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Kick-Off at 21:15 UK/ 22:15 CET
Venue: Estádio do CD das Aves (Vila das Aves)
The hosts have already got their ticket to the second division for the next season. They may be looking for a chance to finish this season with their heads held high. But with a losing streak going on it will be a tough ask for the team from Aves.
Setubal could still be in trouble if they are to lose this match. With just a 3 point lead over Portimonense, they will need to get back to winning ways as soon as possible. Currently, they are 16th in the table with 30 points.
Aves vs Vitoria Setubal: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Setubal has three wins and two defeats in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games across all venues.
- The visitors have three wins and a defeat in all four head to head games at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all four of those games here.
- All of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts are presently on an 11 match winless run in the league.
- Setubal has no wins in their 12 previous league games across all venues.
Aves vs Vitoria Setubal: Prediction
Both of these teams are losing back to back matches in the league. There is no upper hand for either of these sides in terms of head to head matches. But the hosts have only won three of their 15 home games this season. They have lost six of their last 7 matches at home soil.
The visitors are also on a winless run in matches on the road and have a losing streak going on. But the home sides will be low on morale after the ensuring relegation. So I am backing a narrow win for the visitors just like the reverse fixture.
Aves have only netted 23 goals in the 30 matches until now. This is the lowest by any team this season. They are also the worst defense with 59 goals concede up until now.
Setubal has scored one better than the hosts but they have found the net in recent games even though the result was not in their favor. But Aves has failed to trouble the scores in 7 league games on the trot. So I am backing only one team to score on Wednesday.
Aves vs Vitoria Setubal: Betting Tips
- Away team to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.90 (9/10).