Avai vs Fortaleza
Brazil – Serie A
Date: Thursday, 16 June 2022
Kick-off at 23:00 UK/ 00:00 CET
Fortaleza have been the absolute worst team in the Brazilian top flight this time around and are deservingly placed bottom-most in the table. They have recorded a total of one win so far all through the campaign and are conceding goals as if there is no tomorrow.
Meanwhile Avai have had certain troubles lately but it needs to be mentioned that they have been on a good run at home this season. They have consistently found the back of the net here and are determined to keep this momentum going on as well.
Likely they are expected to have the upper hand this Thursday. But their recent defensive issues lead us to believe that it might be hard for them to keep a clean sheet this coming match-day.
Avai vs Fortaleza Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had finished in a 1-3 win for Fortaleza.
- They are on a 3-fixture winning streak.
- The last they lost against his opponent was back in 2008.
- 2 of the past 3 meetings at this ground had 3 or more goals.
Avai vs Fortaleza Prediction & Analysis
Avai were unbeaten in 8 of their past 13 overall fixtures and they had remained so in 8 of their past 10 appearances at home as well. They had also won 3 of their past 5 home fixtures, and the last they failed to score at this venue was back in the second week of February.
On the other hand, Fortaleza were winless in nine of their past 13 overall fixtures, and they have managed to register a total of just 7 wins away from home in the past 8 months.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Avai this Thursday.
However, taking into account the head-to-head superiority of Fortaleza, count on them to find the back of the net at least once.
Key Stats for Betting
- Fortaleza have recorded a single win this season and this only victory had come against the struggling Flamengo.
- They have managed to score total of just 7 goals which is also the worst record in the competition.
Tips for Avai vs Fortaleza
Draw No Bet: Avai @ 2.20 (6/5)
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1).