Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt
Germany- 2. Bundesliga
Date: Tuesday, 26 May 2020
Kick-Off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Sparkassen-Erzgebirgsstadion (Aue)
With just a point between them, we can expect a close match on Tuesday. The hosts are 6th in the table after 27 rounds. This is a major change from last season when they ended up 14th in the league. They started with an away draw against Nurnberg after the break with both sides scoring a goal each. Despite being way below their opponents Nurnberg played well and secured a well-deserved point.
Darmstadt fans will be concerned with their team’s away performance. Their better results on the road came against teams at the bottom of the table. So they could be looking at a possible defeat at Aue on Tuesday.
Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Darmstadt is currently on a 4 match unbeaten run against this opposition.
- They have 3 wins and a loss against Aue in the last 5 head to head matches.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 games.
- The common score was 1-0 in 4 of those matches as well.
- In their 3 previous meetings at this ground, both sides have a win each.
- Two of those games also had fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt: Prediction
Despite a poor performance away from home, things are much different at this ground for the hosts. From 13 home games they have 9 wins and lost only once. The notable home performance includes the draw against toppers Bielefeld and the win over Hamburger SV. Meanwhile the visitors lost their most recent away game against Karlsruher who is in the relegation zone.
Darmstadt has also conceded more than half of their goals in matches on the road. From 13 away fixtures they gave away 19 goals which resulted in 5 defeats and only 4 wins. But they have done well against this upcoming opposition in recent times. They will be able to create chances and maybe score a goal as well. So I am backing the hosts to win with both teams getting in the score sheet.
Erzgebirge Aue vs Darmstadt: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.87 (7/8).
- Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).