Atletico Madrid vs Rostov
UEFA Champions League – Group D
Date: Tuesday, 1st November, 2016,
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK,
Venue: Vicente Calderon, Madrid.
Atletico Madrid will seek to continue their excellent form on the Champions League, they will be hosting Rostov at the Vicente Calderon this Tuesday night.
Diego Simeone’s boys needs just 3 more points to qualify themselves for the knockout stage of the Champions League. They are on the 1st spot in group D with 9 points, having won all their 3 group games played so far.
Atletico Madrid will enter this game from a 4-2 home win against Malaga last Saturday. They will be in high spirit and have all it takes to claim all 3 points in this fixture.
Meanwhile, Rostov are in the bottom of group D table with a point, having lost 2 games and drawn 1. Qualifying out of this group seems to be out of their reach, as they are the lowest team in rating and performance.
Rostov will enter this game from a 1-0 away defeat against Amkar Perm. They will be needing a win in this game if they have hopes of playing in the Europa League knockout stage.
Atletico Madrid vs Rostov: Head to Head Statistics
- The first leg of this fixture happens to be their first ever meeting, the game ended 0-1 in favour of the Madrid side.
- Besides Atletico Madrid, Rostov have never played against any other Spanish opponents.
- Atletico Madrid have played 8 games against a Russian side which includes the first leg of this fixture.
- The Madrid side have won 4 games against a Russian side, drawn 2 and lost 2.
- At home, Atletico Madrid have lost twice against a Russian opponent, drawn none and won once.
Atletico Madrid vs Rostov: Prediction
Atletico Madrid are huge favourites in the game, considering their excellent form in the competition and good form in the league. They will have no problem winning this one and possibly being the first team to qualify for the knockout stage.
Also Diego Simeone’s boys are expected to score at least 2 goals in the game.
Atletico Madrid vs Rostov: Betting Tips
Atletico Madrid to win and Under 3.5 goals at 2.00 (1/1).