Atletico Madrid vs Osasuna
Spain – LaLiga
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Wanda Metropolitano.
Defending champions Atletico Madrid have not yet kicked into top gear. But they might have to pretty soon, if they are serious about retaining their title.
As of now, they are placed fourth in the table, trailing five points below toppers Sociedad. A huge win this weekend could set their pace for their charge towards the top-most spot, especially since it’s going to be non-stop club football till the international break in March.
Meanwhile, after a good start to their campaign, Osasuna are regressing back to their original form. Currently they are on a winless streak, and are conceding goals in huge numbers.
By the looks of things, expect Diego Simeone’s men to post the three points on the board this weekend.
Atletico Madrid vs Osasuna Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for Atleti.
- They are on a six-game winning streak.
- They had scored a total of 18 goals in the process.
- At this venue, the hosts had won seven of the former eight clashes.
Atletico Madrid vs Osasuna Prediction & Analysis
Atleti recorded a 3-3 draw on the road the last match-day, against Valencia. They were unbeaten in 13 of their former 16 games, and had scored two or more goals in seven of their preceding eight fixtures.
Going on, they have been an even better beast at home. In fact, they were unbeaten in 15 of their past 16 home appearances, and in the process they had even gone on an eight-match winning run.
On the other hand, Osasuna lost 0-2 at home against Sociedad the last game week, and are also on a four-game winless run. On top of that, they also have a worrying h2h record against this foe over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Simeone’s men this weekend. And judging the recent form of both, anticipate a clean sheet for the hosts as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Since April, Atleti have lost just against two teams – Liverpool in the Champions League, and Alaves in the Spanish top flight.
- They had kept clean sheets in four of their last six appearances at home.
- They had also scored two or more goals in their former four home games, and their only defeat at home in a league match this year, had come against Levante – back in February.
- Alaves are on a four-game winless run, and they had failed to score in their past three fixtures in a row.
Tips for Atletico Madrid vs Osasuna
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Atletico Madrid @ 1.67 (2/3)
Atletico Madrid to Win to Nil @ 2.00 (1/1).