Atletico Madrid now have no chance to the title after their defeat to Levante last time out, they will be hosting Celta Vigo this weekend at Estadio Vicente Calderón.
Atletico Madrid are now 3 points below the leaders Barcelona and are out of the title race as they fall behind on head-to-head. They still have a chance to finish second in the league if Real Madrid fail to win at Deportivo on Saturday.
Celta Vigo on the other hand had already secured a Europa League spot for next season, they are playing for pride and they come into this game on the back of a home win against Malaga last week.
- Atletico Madrid are in a good form, they are unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 games.
- Atletico Madrid have won their last 6 home games and are also unbeaten in their last 16 home games.
- Atletico Madrid have kept a Clean Sheet in 6 of their last 7 hone games.
- Celta Vigo are not poor themselves, they have lost just 1 game in their last 6 games, they have won 3.
- Celta Vigo are average on the road, they have won 3 of their last 6 away games and Lost 2.
Atletico Madrid: Team News
Atletico Madrid have no missing players, Diego Simeone will have the luxury of picking his preferred line up or make rotations as he likes.
Atletico Madrid: Predicted line-up (4-4-2)
Oblak – Hernandez, Savic, Gimenez, Gamez – Carrasco, Kranevitter, Partey, Oliver Torres – Correa, Vietto.
Celta Vigo: Team News
Gustavo Cabral is still on ban and won’t be available for this game. The manager is expected to repeat his last line up
Celta Vigo: Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1)
Blanco – Jonny, Mallo, Gomez, Planas – Wass, Diaz – Orellana, Hernandez, Nolito – Aspas
Atletico Madrid vs Celta Vigo: Head to Head stats
- Atletico Madrid have dominated their recent games against Celta Vigo, they are unbeaten in 9 of their last 11 games.
- Atletico Madrid have won 15 of their ties against Celta Vigo and lost 10.
- Atletico Madrid have won 4 of their last 5 games against Celta Vigo.
Atletico Madrid vs Celta Vigo: Prediction
Atletico Madrid are the favourites in this game, they are in good form and are eager for a win after their last defeat which denied them a chance to the title, but nevertheless Celta De Vigo are no pushovers and they will play to end their league campaign with a win.
I predict a narrow win for the home side and i expect the game to see few goals.
Atletico Madrid 2-1 Celta Vigo.