Atlanta United vs New York City
Major League Soccer Playoffs
Date: Sunday, 11th November 2018
Kick-off at 22.30 UK/ 23.30 CET
Venue: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta.
Two powerhouses of the Eastern Conference in the MLS lock horns in the second leg of the playoffs, this Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Atlanta United finished second in Conference standings, scoring 70 goals in the process, the most in the whole of Major League Soccer. New York City finished third in the Eastern Conference.
The first leg of the tie resulted in a victory for the away team then, Atlanta United. The final scoreline read 0-1. A lone goal in the first half by Remedi was enough to secure the win, and more importantly the away goal for Atlanta United. The team rose to the occasion and faced the pressure of the noisy crowd, and still went home after a fine display of talent and heart.
New York City threw everything they had at the visitors, to at least secure a draw. But the passionate backline of Atlanta stood strong and secured the win for the guests.
Atlanta United vs New York City Head-to-head (h2h)
- New York City lost their home leg to Atlanta in the playoffs, and they were shut out by the Atlanta defense.
- Atlanta scored the most goals in 2018 MLS season, 70, from their 34 games.
- The team from Atlanta has lost just thrice in their last 16 matches.
- New York has lost three of their last five games.
- Atlanta is on a nine-match unbeaten run at home.
- New York is on a five-match winless run on the road and has just two wins to their name in their last 15 games on the road.
Atlanta United vs New York City Prediction
The goal-scoring machine, that is Atlanta, will grind out the win no matter what in this tie. They were able to secure the tough away leg in this match-up, and also managed to keep a clean sheet.
New York City will be knowingly walking into a trap. They have no option but to attack, as they are already trailing in the aggregate score, and have conceded an away goal.
Atlanta will set their tactics accordingly, and the team which has scored the most number of goals in the MLS season will have no trouble in scoring at home against a desperate side.
Atlanta will win the match. They will also comfortably see out both the halves.
Atlanta United vs New York City Betting Tips
Atlanta United to win @ 1.70 (7/10)
Half Time/ Full Time: Atlanta United/ Atlanta United @ 2.70 (17/10).