These two Spanish club Athletic Club and Sevilla will face off against each other in the quarter final of the Europa League. Both teams are hoping for a victory in this game to keep their hopes of playing in Europe next season alive.
Sevilla beat Basel 3-0 at home to get to this stage of the competition, they will be coming into this game with high spirit. Both teams are in same points in La Liga (48) but Sevilla are above Bilbao on goal difference, thet are seated 6th and 7th position respectively.
- Bilbao are without a win in their last 3 games, but have won 3 games from their last 6 games, lost 2 and drew 2.
- Bilbao are equally good at home as they are unbeaten in their last 5 home games in all competition
- Sevilla have won only 2 of their last 6 games drew 2 and lost 2 which include the heavy 4:0 defeat to Real Madrid.
- Both teams have scored a total of 9 games in their last 6 games, but Athletic Bilbao have conceded less goals (6) compared to Sevilla’s (9) in their last 6 games.
Athletic Bilbao: Team News
Inaki Williams is still a doubt for the clash while Aymeric Laporte and Sabin Merino are sidelined due to injuries. Raúl García is serving a one match ban after accumulation of yellow cards.
Athletic Bilbao: Predicted Line up (4-2-3-1)
Iraizoz – Gurpegi, Etxeita, Marcos, Balenzeiga – Benat, Jose – Susaeta, Garcia, Iñaki Williams – Adruiz.
Sevilla: Team News
Marco Andreolli is the only major injury issue in the team, while Konoplyanka and N’Zonzi are returning to fill fitness. The coach is expected to make no changes from his winning squad.
Sevilla: predicted Line Up (4-2-3-1)
Sergio Rico – Mariano, Rami, Kolodziejczak, Tremoulinas – Krychowiak, Cristoforo – Reyes, Vitolo, Banega – Gamiero.
Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla : Head-To-Head Stats
- The teams have shared 2 wins each from their last 4 competitive meetings.
- Athletico Bilbao have won all of the last 5 home meetings with Sevilla.
- Sevilla’s last win at Bilbao was in September 2009.
Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla: Prediction
The game could go either way as they are in same phase of form, but Sevilla seems more ‘Lethal’ in Uefa Europa League so far, but Athletic Bilbao are no pushovers and cannot be underestimated.
If I am putting my money on this match, I will surely pay attention to Sevilla’s away form this season, which is 3 wins in 25 matches in all competitions. Also, Bilbao normally edge a win when hosting the Andalucians at San Mames. I will back this up confidently and predict a home win on Thursday night.