Atalanta vs Spezia
Italy – Serie A
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK / 15:00 CET
Venue: Gewiss Stadium.
Atalanta have much more quality in their ranks, and they should exploit Spezia’s leaky defense to the max here. The visitors did snatch a surprising 1-0 victory over Torino in the previous round, but their away form is by no means promising ahead of one of the toughest away fixtures in the league.
Atalanta vs Spezia Head-to-head
- This will only be the third head-to-head encounter between the two outfits.
- Atalanta claimed four points from two meetings with Spezia in the previous term of the Serie A.
- Atalanta celebrated a 3-1 victory when the two teams locked horns in March this year at Gewiss Stadium.
Atalanta vs Spezia Predictions & Analysis
Atalanta host Spezia on Saturday afternoon at Gewiss Stadion. On paper, it should be an easy victory for La Dea who are unbeaten in the last five games across competitions.
They demolished Cagliari in an away fixture in the previous round of the Serie A despite winning only by a single-goal margin (1-2).
Gianpiero Gasperini’s troops produced a great performance, dominating the pitch and controlling the ball from the start to the end.
There is plenty to like regarding Atalanta’s chances here against Spezia who are one of the worst travelers in the league this season.
Spezia won one, drew one, and lost four of six away fixtures in this term of the Serie A.
The visitors also boast the joint-worst defensive record in the whole competition with 26 goals conceded in 12 affairs.
Spezia will go into this off the back of three successive away losses to the likes of Verona, Sampdoria, and Fiorentina.
Thiago Motta’s team conceded as many as nine goals along the way. They are now up against one of the deadliest attacking lines in the country and we are not quite optimistic regarding Spezia’s chances here.
Atalanta almost had a double-digit number of shots on target in the last round’s clash against Cagliari and we expect them to get at least as many here against Spezia.
Key Stats for Betting
- Atalanta won three and drew two of the last five Serie A games.
- They have scored at least two goals in seven of the last eight league outings.
- Spezia have the joint-worst defense in the league with 26 goals conceded in 12 games.
- Spezia conceded 18 goals in 6 away fixtures this season.
Atalanta vs Spezia Betting Tips
Atalanta to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.72 (8/11)
HT/FT Atalanta/Atalanta @ 1.80 (4/5).