Atalanta vs Pescara
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 19 March 2017
Kick-Off: 14:00 UK,
Venue: Stadio Atleti Azzurri d’Italia (Bergamo).
Atalanta will have a great chance to recover after a shockingly bad result as they take on Pescara at home on Sunday.
La Dea ended up being humiliated 7-1 in an all-Nerazzurri derby against Inter at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. Whilst they were viewed as slight underdogs in that tie, no one expected them to lose the way they did. Atalanta have arguably been this season’s surprise packages in Serie A and have been quite impressive under Gian Piero Gasperini’s tenure.
They are viewed, deservedly as a serious contender for a Europa League spot and now have tumbled into sixth following their heaviest ever away loss in the club’s history. Atalanta conceded seven goals against Inter, one more than in their previous 11 league games.
That being said, they have a golden opportunity to get back on track. Pescara have lost 11 out of their last 14 away games and are heading back to Serie B after an awful campaign. That includes 10 losses in their most recent 11. Hence, a lousy form like that, Atalanta should be able to turn things around.
The seven goals Atalanta shipped last weekend brought their total to 33. They had only conceded a solid 26 in 27 games before that disaster, and they have kept a clean sheet in their last four home games. Considering that the Delfini have scored in just one out of their last seven meetings with Atlanta, it will be very tough for Pescara, to say the least.
Atalanta vs Pescara: Head-to-head statistics
- Atalanta have a record of W13-D4-L3 in their last 20 home games against teams ranked below them in the table.
- Pescara have a record of W1-D2-L17 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Pescara have lost 10 of their last 11 away matches.
- The Delfini have conceded at least 2 goals in 9 of their last 10 matches.
- Atalanta have won their last 6 home matches against Pescara in all competitions.
- La Dea have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 home matches.
- Atalanta are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 home matches
- Atalanta have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 7 matches against Pescara in all competitions
Atalanta vs Pescara: Prediction
Atalanta are not the highest scoring side. Only two of their last 13 home games have seen them net more than two goals, and they haven’t scored more than three since the earlier stages of this campaign. Furthermore, 12 out of their last 13 home games have seen under four goals netted, and La Dea should be able to take care of business here – albeit not necessarily via a blowout like we’ve seen in some of the games this season.
Atalanta vs Pescara: Betting tips
Atalanta to WIN and BTTS – NO at 13/10 (2.30)
Under 2.5 goals at 21/10 (3.10)