The England Premier League resumes after two weeks break on Saturday, the 2nd April 2016 when Aston Villa host Chelsea in the first game of matchday 32.
Aston Villa’s disastrous season continues as Remi Garde stepped down by mutual consent on Tuesday night, after just 147 in charge. The Frenchman dismal record reads 2 wins from 23 games with the Villains still at the bottom of the table 12 points from safety with just 7 matches to go.
Chelsea on the other hand are unbeaten in their last 14 Premier League games, even though they have just nothing special play for this season, except a spot in the next season’s Europa League.
- Aston Villa have won in 3 out of their 31 league matches this season, with 21 matches ending in defeat.
- They are coming on the back of 6 consecutive defeats and failed to score in their last three matches.
- Their last three matches ended in heavy defeats and just 1 goals scored in them while conceding a massive 11.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 14 English Premier League matches, with their last 2 matches ending in draw, before winning in the previous three.
- The Stamford Bridge Blues have scored at least a goal in their last 6 league games and 4 out of their last 5 matches have seen over 2.5 goals.
- Chelsea have won their last two away matches and also they have 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 away matches in the league.
- However, Chelsea are without a win in their last 4 matches in all competitions, which includes the Champions League defeat to PSG and FA Cup loss against Everton.
Aston Villa: Team News
There is some good news for Aston Villa as their long term injured duo Jack Grealish and Adama Traore are fit and could find a place in the substitute’s bench against Chelsea. This will be too early for both players to get directly in the starting line-up as Grealish was out for 2 months with an ankle injury, while Adama was out of action for over 3 months with a broken foot.
Micah Richards has recovered from a groin strain and will be in contestion for a start here, while Libor Kozak and Jordan Amavi are still out with respective injuries,
Gabriel Agbonlahor is set to get axed from the squad following his controversial 7-hour hookah and booze party in Dubai.
Aston Villa expected starting line-up (4-3-3):
Guzan – Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Cissokho – Veretout, Westwood, Gueye – Gil, Ayew; Gestede.
Chelsea: Team News
Chelsea bad boy Diego Costa is suspended for this match following the sending off against Everton in the FA Cup clash.
Eden Hazard is still out with a hip problem and Oscar could start once again, while Pedro has to satisfy with a place in the bench.
Guus Hiddink has plenty of options in the striking department with the likes of Loic Remy and Pato pushing for a start, but the youngster Bertrand Traore remains the first choice as things stand at the moment.
Chelsea Expected starting line-up (4-2-3-1):
Courtois – Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta – Mikel, Fabregas – Willian, Oscar, Pedro – Traore.
Aston Villa vs Chelsea: Head-to-Head Stats
- Chelsea are on a three match winning streak against Aston Villa in English Premier League.
- Aston Villa’s last win against Chelsea was at Stamford Bridge on August 2013, and that remain their only win against the Blues in 13 league meetings.
- The last 10 meetings in the league between the sides read 9 wins for Chelsea and 1 win for Aston Villa.
Aston Villa vs Chelsea: Prediction
Aston Villa have to win all of their remaining 7 matches in order to play in English Premier League next season. This is mission impossible for team full of players with a terrible attitude.
At the same time, Chelsea have been performing better away from home in the league matches under Guus Hiddink and they have won 4 of their last 5 away matches. The team will surely miss their star striker Diego Costa, but the absence of Eden Hazard is unlikely to make an impact, as he has done very little the whole season.
These facts are hardly going to make a difference in this encounter as Chelsea have enough quality to win this straight up. Expect them to score at least 2 goals at the same time, they are very likely to concede one at their end.
Best Bet: Chelsea to win at Half-Time @ 2.06