Arsenal face Watford at Emirates Stadium on Saturday evening and are keen for a win to consolidate their top four finish chances in the Premier League 2015/16 season.
The teams met three weeks ago at the same venue and Waford came back from a goal behind to send the Gunners out of the FA Cup and the Hornets will be hoping for a similar performance as they look to finish the season on a high.
The Gunners are in no particular form even though they bounced back with a 2-0 win at Everton in their last outing, but with all honesty, the Goodison Park Blues are the worst home teams in the England’s top flight at the moment.
- The 2-0 win against Everton in their last match was Arsenal’s first win in 4 Premier League matches.
- Arsenal have conceded 9 goals in their last 4 matches and scored 6.
- At home, Arsenal have just one win in their last 4 matches, with 2 defeats and a draw.
- Watford lost all of their last three Premier League matches and haven’t won their last four.
- While playing away from home, The Hornets have lost 4 of their last 5 league games, a win in between came against a poor Crystal Palace.
- Watford have failed to score in 4 of the last 5 away matches.
Arsenal: Team News
Aaron Ramsey, Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini are all injured for Arsenal. Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky have returned to training, but could miss here.
Petr Cech has started full training, but will not be risked here as he is still short of full match fitness.
Arsene Wenger could name the same eleven he used in the 2-0 win at Everton, with Alex Iwobi and Danny Welbeck once again starting for the Gunners.
Arsenal: Expected Starting Eleven (4-2-3-1)
Ospina – Monreal, Koscienly, Mertersacker, Bellerin – Coquelin, Elneny – Iwobi, Alexis, Ozil – Welbeck.
Joel Ekstrand and Tommie Hoban are the only players missing for Quique Sanchez Flores through injury in the trip to Arsenal.
Watford could start with a similar 4-3-3 formation which helped them defeat Arsenal a few weeks ago.
Watford: Expected Starting Line-up (4-3-3)
Gomes – Nyom, Cathcart, Britos, Ake – Behrami, Watson, Capoue – Amrabat, Ighalo, Deeney.
Arsenal vs Watford: Head-to-Head Stats
- Despite the 2-1 win over Arsenal in the FA Cup match on 13th March 2016, Watford have lost 5 consecutive matches against Arsenal, all of them coming in Premier League.
- Arsenal have won their last two meetings against Watford at home in the Premier League without conceding a goal. Watford have won at Arsenal by 1-0 in the match before that, which was in 1989-89 season.
- The last 6 matches between the two sides have seen over 2.5 goals, and Arsenal have scored a minimum of 2 goals in 5 of them.
Arsenal vs Watford: Prediction
The Gunners will be desperate for a revenge, after being humbled by Watford last time out. They can take some confidence from the win at Everton, but they are still far from their best.
There is considerable danger in backing Arsenal with full confidence here because Watford are a side who can create a number of scoring chances. Their biggest disappointment is recent weeks is the inability to finish chances. Moreover, a number of Arsenal players were on international duty during a break and fatigue could become an issue here.
I expect both teams to score in this match, with a high chance of seeing over 2.5 goals at full time. I have absolutely no confidence to back Arsenal or Watford and I consider betting on outright winner is a huge risk.
Best Bet: Both Teams to Score @ 1.94