Arsenal look for all three points against relegation candidates Norwich City, when the two sides meet at the Emirates on Sunday evening.
Arsenal had dropped down to 4th position in the league following the 0-0 stalemate against Sunderland last weekend, and Manchester United at fifth are closing in with 59 points, with a match in hand. The Gunners in serious trouble in the season of upsets and they might need to win all of their remaining matches to qualify of Champions League next season.
Norwich City are back inside the danger zone after losing two matches in a row and are desperate for a win. Sunderland are level on points with Norwich, while Newcastle is a point behind them. They will be hoping to avoid at least a defeat here and keep their chances of avoiding relegation alive.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 7 Premier League matches, with 3 wins and 4 draws.
- The Gunners have managed just 1 win from their last 4 matches, as they have held to draws in three of them.
- Norwich tasted defeat in their last two games, before winning two in a row.
- The Canaries have failed to score in 4 of their last 6 matches.
- Norwich have one away win from their last 8 matches, the rest 7 end in defeats.
Arsenal: Team News
Arsene Wenger have no major injury concerns ahead of the Saturday’s match against Norwich City, but both Santi Cazorla and Oxlade Chamberlain are short of fitness.
Jack Wilshere is likely to start from the bench after making his first apperance of the season last season coming on as a substitite against Sunderland.
The French tactician is likely start with Danny Welbeck up front, with an ineffective Giroud dropping off to the bench.
Arsenal: Expected Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Monreal, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Bellerin,
Sanchez, Ozil, Iwobi,
Norwich: Team News
Alexander Tettey, Timm Klose and Andre Wisdom will miss the trip to North London due to respective injuries. Alex Neil is likely to recall Nathan Redmond and Russell Martin to the starting line-up.
Norwich: Expected Starting Line-up (4-4-1-1)
Olsson, Bassong, Bennett, Martin,
Brady, Howson, O’Neil, Redmond,
Arsenal vs Norwich: Head-to-Head
- Arsenal have won in 3 of the last 6 meetings between the two sides, while Norwich have one 1 win and 2 matches were draws.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in the last four league matches against Norwich regardless of the venue.
- At the Emirates, Arsenal are on a two match winning run against Norwich and are unbeaten in 4 meetings.
- The last four matches between the two sides at Arsenal’s home ground have seen over 4.5 goals.
- The return leg of this season’s league clash at Norwich ended in 1-1 draw.
Arsenal vs Norwich: Prediction
Arsenal are heavy favourites here and have a good record against Norwich in the recent meetings. At the same time, Alex Neil’s side look in trouble after suffering back to back defeats and they are low in morale and confidence.
I expect Arsenal to do well here and emerge as comfortable winners. My score prediction for this match is Arsenal 2-0 Norwich.
Arsenal vs Norwich: Bet Tips
Best Bet: Arsenal to win First Half.
Big Money Bet: Alex Iwobi to score anytime.