It’s another London Derby when Arsenal host Crystal Palace in the matchday 34 of the English Premier League on Sunday evening.
We have seen two sides of Arsenal in the 3-3 draw against West Ham. The Gunners were running away with the match at one point, but squandered the two goal lead and were trailing 3-2, before managing to pull one back to earn a vital point. It is rather three points dropped that a point earned for the Arsenal side, whose title chances are now technically over and a possible finish below arch rivals Tottenham is very much on the cards.
Crystal Palace end their 14 match win-less run by a 1-0 win over Norwich last week-end and they were back in action in the midweek which finished in a 0-0 stalemate against Everton. The 4 points earned from the last 2 matches have somehow saved The Eagles from an epic slump and they are now safe from relegation.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 4 league games, with 2 wins and 2 draws. They have scored 2 or more goals in their last four matches.
- At home, Arsenal’s record in the last 5 matches read 2 wins, 1 draws and 2 defeats. The last three home matches have witnessed over 2.5 goals.
- Crystal Palace are unbeaten in their last three Premier League matches with 1 win and 2 draws.
- They went on for 14 matches without a win before the 1-0 win against Norwich City last weekend.
- Palace are still without a win in their last 7 away matches in the league, which reads 4 draws and 3 defeats.
- They have also conceded 2 goals each in their last three away matches.
Arsenal: Team News
Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky, Santi Cazorla and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain are progressing well in their fight back to getting fully match fit and we could see them in the team sheet in the coming weeks.
Mikel Arteta still remains out with injury, while Flamini is likely to return to the bench.
Arsene Wenger is likely to field an unchanged eleven from their last match, which means Aaron Ramsey has to satisfy with a place in the bench.
Arsenal: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Monreal, Kiscienly, Gabriel. Bellerin
Iwobi, Ozil, Alexis
Crystal Palace: Team News
Kwesi Appiah, James McArthur, Marouane Chamakh and Brede Hangeland are out with injuries, while Dwight Gayle is struggling for fitness.
Changes are hardly expected from the side that drew 0-0 against Everton on Wednesday. But, if Gayle doesn’t pass fitness on time, Wickham or Adebayor could come in his place.
Crystal Palace Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1):
Souare, Delaney, Dann, Ward
Bolasie, Puncheon, Zaha
Arsneal vs Crystal Palace: Head-to-Head Stats
- The teams made 31 league meetings since 1969, Arsenal have won 21 of those, with 8 draws and 2 defeats.
- The two Palace wins came in 1979 and 1994, which means they havent won against Arsenal in almost 22 years.
- Arsenal are on a 6 match winning run against Crytsal Palace in the Premier League and scored 2 goals each in the last 5 meetings.
Arsenal vs Crystal Palace: Prediction
The Gunners are heavy favourites on paper and are likely to reflect this on the field on Sunday evening. Crystal Palace are showing signing of revival in the last two weeks, but are not expected to trouble the Gunners.
Crystal Palace had let in a fair number of goals in their last three away games and I expect Arsenal to score at least 2 goals on Sunday. The prediction is fairly easy and it is an easy win for Arsenal and that too by keeping a clean sheet.
My exact score prediction is Arsenal 3-0 Crystal Palace.