Arsenal Sarandi vs Velez Sarsfield
Date: Sunday, 23 February 2020
Kick-Off at 20:35 UK/ 21:35 CET
Venue: Estadio Julio Humberto Grondona (Avellaneda)
The hosts are on a 4 match drawing streak in the Superliga. They have never lost a league game since November last year. After that away defeat to Boca Juniors, they won 3 games. All the games they played in 2020 ended as draws. They conceded in all those matches also.
Arsenal Sarandi is a hard team to beat at home since they never lost since August 2019. The recent 2 home matches resulted in draws as well.
Velez has been inconsistent away from home as they have been all season. They lost the last league game to San Lorenzo by just a goal. We can expect this one to go down the wire and the winner will have to work hard to break the opposite defense.
Arsenal Sarandi vs Velez Sarsfield: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Arsenal Sarandi is unbeaten in 3 recent h2h matches.
- Both sides have won 2 of their last 5 meetings across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those 5 games.
- The common final score in that period is 2-1.
- The hosts have never lost in the 3 recent matches here against Velez Sarsfield.
- Both sides scored in 4 of the 5 h2h in front of these home fans.
Arsenal Sarandi vs Velez Sarsfield: Prediction
As I said this will a close game with both sides getting good chances. In this season 43% of Arsenal Sarandi’s home matches were drawn. They tend to concede goals at the crucial points of the game. Of the 5 recent away matches for Velez, 2 ended as draws. So I would back this upcoming league match to end as a stalemate.
The visiting side has not found the net in 4 of their latest away matches. Overall they scored just 6 goals in 10 away matches in the league. Arsenal has scored in all their previous 9 home matches on the contrary. So most likely we can see a low scoring game this Sunday, with less than 2.5 goals.
Arsenal Sarandi vs Velez Sarsfield: Betting Tips
- Game to draw @ 3.10(21/10).
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.67(2/3).