Argentina vs Peru
World Cup Qualification
Date: Friday, 15 October 2021
Kick-off at 00:30 UK/ 01:30 CET
Venue: Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti.
Argentina currently have the longest active unbeaten streak in international football. At home this Friday, they surely will go for another win against the out-of-form Peru. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Argentina vs Peru Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for the Argentine squad.
- They are on a 14-fixture unbeaten streak, which stretches back to 1997.
- And of these 14 meetings, they had recorded wins in 10 of them.
- Moreover, the Latin American champions had also scored two or more goals in 10 of the past 14 clashes.
Argentina vs Peru Prediction & Analysis
The Argentine team recorded a comprehensive 3-0 win at home the last match-day, against Uruguay. In the meantime, Peru lost 1-0 on the road against possibly the weakest team in the CONMEBOL federation – the Bolivians.
Going on, Messi and co had won nine of their former ten games, and they had scored thrice or more in five of their preceding eight fixtures. Moreover, the last they lost at home was back in March of 2019.
On the other hand, their counterparts were winless in six of their former eight matches, and they are on a four-game losing run on the road.
On top of that, they also have an inferior h2h record against this rival over the years, and for all these reasons, expect a huge win for the in-form Argentina this Friday at the Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Albiceleste are the reigning South American champions, and they are also ranked 6th in the world at the moment – as opposed to their counterparts for the day being placed at the 21st position.
- Lionel Messi and co are also on the longest unbeaten streak for any international team at the moment. In fact, their latest defeat had come in the semifinal of the 2019 Copa America.
- As of now, they are placed second in the Qualifiers table, and that too with a game in hand. They have conceded the least number of goals after Brazil, and only two teams have scored more goals than them in the competition so far.
- Peru have won just thrice so far this campaign, and only the dead-last placed Venezuela have scored fewer goals than them. Also, only the bottom-most Bolivia, and Venezuela have conceded more than them as well.
Tips for Argentina vs Peru
Argentina -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).