Argentina vs Ecuador
International – Friendlies
Date: Sunday, 13 October 2019
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero (Elche).
These two are familiar opponents in the CONMEBOL arena and are well versed with each other. Under the stewardship of Lionel Scaloni, the Albiceleste is slowing starting to show glimpses of their return to the top-tiers of football hierarchy. While it’s still a work in progress, count on them to come out on top against this well-known foe.
Argentina vs Ecuador Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last time these two met was in a crunch situation, in the final game of World Cup qualifiers. Then, the Argentines needed a win to progress and a Lionel-Messi-hattrick inspired them to script a 1-3 comeback on the road.
- 19 of the former 23 wins went to the two-time world champions.
- Three of the previous six encounters saw the Yellows failing to score.
- Four of the last seven fixtures saw the Copa America semi-finalists score two or more goals.
- Jorge Celico’s men have a single win to boast of in the preceding decade.
Argentina vs Ecuador Prediction
Scaloni has blown a breath of fighting spirit into this aging racehorse that was Argentina. Several new faces were introduced, and most have rewarded the gaffer with noteworthy performances.
The last day, against bitter rivals Germany, who have presented them with many a tearful night, the young Albiceleste cavalry delivered a comeback to clutch a pride-instilling draw. They will surely want to keep the momentum going. It’s no secret that the squad is targeting a triumph in the Copa America that is to be conducted next year.
With an eye on that prize, youngsters are trying their best to be prepared. The arrival of veterans such as Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero etc will certainly result in some losing their place in the team, and this has actually led to a healthy competition between players.
Anyhow, we are witnessing a new Argentine side hungry for wins. Against Ecuador, who have just two wins to show from the preceding nine attempts, and just three from the prior twenty on the road, the favorites are easily Scaloni’s men.
Moreover, previous h2h encounters too point in the direction of the White and Sky-Blues. They had recorded 19 of the last 23 wins in such battles, and have lost against this opposition just once in the preceding decade.
Consequentially, count on the Albiceleste to reign supreme this Sunday.
Argentina vs Ecuador Betting Tips
Argentina to Win @ 1.75 (3/4)
To Win Either Half: Argentina @ 1.44 (4/9).