Flora Tallinn vs APOEL Nicosia
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 2nd August 2018
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK / 18:00 CET
Venue: A. Le Coq Arena (Tallinn).
- APOEL have one foot in the third round of Europa League qualifiers after running riot with a 5-0 win in the first leg at their own backyard.
- The Cypriots are well experienced in qualifiers after earning a couple of Champions League and Europa League group stage appearances.
- Flora Tallinn’s Europa League campaign is often short lived and they crossed the first hurdle just once in 12 appearances.
- The Estonians have won just 1 of their previous 12 home fixtures at this competitions and this looks good for punters to back away win as banker.
Flora Tallinn vs APOEL Nicosia Betting Tips and Predictions
- APOEL to win @ 1.57
- Over 1.5 second half goals at 2.00.
Flora Tallinn vs APOEL Nicosia Head-to-head
APOEL’s crushing 5-0 home victory over Flora last midweek is the third h2h meeting between the two sides.
Their preview duel happened in the in the first qualifying round of the Champions league in the 2002/03 campaign. APOEL advanced 1-0 on aggregate thanks to a narrow home victory in the rematch.
We have to mention that the Cypriot side were nowhere near as big favorites as they are now.
Flora Tallinn vs APOEL Nicosia Preview
APOEL’s elimination to Suduva was the most shocking of results in the first qualifying round of Champions League. Even though the Cypriot champions dominated both matches against the Lithuanian opposition, they just could not find the second goal which would have sent them to the next stage, falling 3-2 on aggregate eventually.
The Portuguese manager Bruno Baltazar will thus had a very difficult task raising the spirits and preparing the side for the upcoming Europa League challenges. Luckily for him, the first opponent comes in the likes of Estonian Flora who should really not represent too big of a challenge for APOEL.
Flora’s players should be in a somewhat better physical condition given they are midway through the season in Meistriliiga. Nevertheless, such advantage counted for little when they played Israeli champions Hapoel Be’er Sheva in the first qualifying round of Champions League.
Flora lost 2-7 on aggregate there and they could likely be in for a similar destiny here against a similarly string opponent.
The gulf in quality between the two outfits is just massive and it was evident in the crushing 5-0 win at the Neo GSP a week ago.