Antwerp vs AS Eupen
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Thursday, 16 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Antwerp are on a run which should possibly end with them securing a top-three finish. They are scoring goals at an impressive rate, and especially at home, they have been a force to reckon with.
Meanwhile, Eupen are on a dismal stretch of performances. They are conceding goals quite in plenty, and particularly on the road, they have been a total mess lately.
And with an inferior h2h record as well, they are massive underdogs this Thursday at the Bosuilstadion.
Antwerp vs Eupen Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-1 win for Antwerp.
- They had won ten of the past twelve meetings.
- At this venue, the hosts had won four of the former six clashes.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in four of the last six meetings at this ground.
Antwerp vs Eupen Prediction & Analysis
Antwerp had won three of the past four games, and they have lost just four times in 2021-22, in all competitions. Note that two of these losses had come in the Europa League.
On the other hand, Eupen were winless in eight of their past ten overall matches. Of the two total wins during this stretch, one had come in the Belgian Cup, against a team from the lower division, while one had come against the dead-last placed Beerschot.
Moreover, they had also lost their last four league games on the road as well.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Antwerp at the Bosuilstadion.
Key Stats for Betting
- Antwerp are placed third in the table, and only two other teams have conceded fewer goals than them. One of them being toppers Royale Union.
- They have lost just twice at home in a league fixture, and just once since the first week of August.
- Meanwhile, Eupen are one of the only two squads in the competition to have lost the last four road trips in a row.
- In fact, their only league win since the first week of October had come against the dead-last placed Beerschot.
Tips for Antwerp vs Eupen
Antwerp -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.40 (7/5)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 1.75 (3/4).