Antalyaspor vs Basaksehir
Turkey Super Lig
Date: Friday, 11th May 2018
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 UK
Venue: Antalya Arena (Antalya).
Basaksehir need to win their remaining two games to at least secure the second place in Turkish Super Lig as the top four sides are separated by 3 points. They travel to Antalyaspor on Friday, 11th May 2018 before sitting at home to Kasimpasa for the final group game.
Antalyaspor bagged a massive win last week when they defeated Genclerbirligi 1-0 away from home to move 5 points clear-off the relegation zone. Now, they need just 1 point from the remaining 2 games to confirm their stay in the Super Lig for another season. This could happen even without a point if Osmanlispor sitting at the edge of drop zone fail to win their match on Saturday, which is a tough fixture against the fourth placed Besiktas who are still in the title race.
Talking about the title race, Basaksehir is another team involved in the four-horse race for Super Lig title. They dropped out from second place last week with a disappointing 1-1 draw at home against the newly promoted Sivasspor. They could have been a point behind leaders Galatasaray with a win, but they are now at 3rd spot with a 3 point drift from the top.
- Antalyaspor were on a three match win-less run before last week’s away win at Genclerbirligi, 1 draw and 2 losses.
- Their last 5 home games produced 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.
- The team from Antalya scored at least once in 7 of their last 9 league games.
- Antalyaspor found the back of the net in 14 of their 16 home games in the league this season and conceded in 13 of them.
- Basaksehir are unbeaten in the last three with 2 wins and 1 draw. They lost only 1 of their last 7 and won 5 during the period.
- They are the second best away team in the league this season, but they lost in 2 of their last 4 outings having lost just 3 during the first 12 away games.
- Basaksehir scored in 13 of their 16 away games this season and conceded at least once in the same number of games.
Antalyaspor vs Basaksehir: Head-to-head
- Basaksehir are unbeaten in the last four Super Lig fixtures against Antalyaspor; 3 wins and 1 draws.
- Both teams scored in 4 of their last five head-to-head clashes.
- Their first h2h clash is a comfortable 4-1 win for the team from Istanbul.
- Basaksehir were also victorious in their last 2 visits to Antalya having lost three on the bounce prior to that.
Antalyaspor vs Basaksehir Predictions
Antalyaspor still need a point to get out of relegation, but they could do without if Osmanlispor fail to beat Besiktas later on Saturday. Still, the head-coach Hamza Hamzaoglu will be expecting nothing less than a committed performances for his boys and they could so this since they have been good at home all throughout the season.
Basaksehir haven’t been that consistent side on the road lately, but the away win at Osmanlispor in their last trip could boost the confidence in coming up against a side in the bottom half of the table. Besides, their recent record at Antalya Arena is good and therefore punters must expect a close battle.
I will consider both teams to score as the safe pick for this Turkish Super Lig game since Antalya have scored in all their home games this season except 2 and Basaksehir failed to score thrice on the road.
Antalyaspor vs Basaksehir: Bet Tips
Both teams to Score @ 1.85 is a banker.
Brave punters can back Over 1.5 second half goals @ 2.20 odd.