Anderlecht vs St.Truiden
Belgium First Division A
Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020
Kick-Off at 17:15 UK/ 18:15 CET
Venue: Lotto Park.
The team with the most number of titles finished eighth last year around. They also had a disappointing start to the season drawing against Mechelen. Even after taking a two-goal lead, the defense could not keep things neat at the back.
The Canaries are third in the table right now after their win against Gent. For a club that ended up in 12th position last year, this is a hopeful beginning. But it is too early for evaluation as they have to meet much bigger opposition in upcoming games.
Anderlecht vs St.Truiden: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Canaries have three wins and a loss in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches across all venues.
- Both teams found the back of the net in all three of those matches as well.
- The home side has been dominant in head to head games played at this ground.
- They have three wins and a loss in five previous clashes here.
- Three of those matches here had more than 2.5 goals.
- Both teams scored in all those competitive games as well.
Anderlecht vs St.Truiden: Prediction
The team managed by former Belgian international Vincent Kompany needs to improve their defense as soon as possible. Since they conceded twice against an inferior side like Mechelen we can expect the same on Sunday as well. But at the same time, we cannot ignore their attacking talent which has proved themselves, especially in home games.
In the last six home fixtures in both league and Cup, the hosts have four wins and two defeats. Both those defeats came against the reigning champions Club Brugge. They also have the upper hand at this ground against the upcoming visitors. They have won seven of the last 10 head to head games at this ground against the Canaries. So I am backing the hosts to win with goals from both teams.
Anderlecht vs St.Truiden: Betting Tips
Anderlecht to win @ 1.40 (2/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.90 (9/10).