Algeria vs Equatorial Guinea
Africa – Cup of Nations
Date: Sunday, 16 January 2022
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Japoma Stadium.
Algeria are the reigning champions of the competition, and they are well-set to go after one more winners’ medal this year.
Meanwhile, Equatorial Guinea had failed to qualify for the previous edition of the competition, and even this time around, they had barely managed to secure a ticket.
There’s no doubt as to who has the upper hand as these two take on each other at the Japoma Stadium. The champs will be eager to make use of this easier fixture, and build some momentum – which would come in use once the knockout stage gets going.
Expect the Algerians to deliver a comprehensive win this Sunday.
Algeria vs Equatorial Guinea Head-to-head (h2h)
- These two teams are about to lock horns for the first time.
Algeria vs Equatorial Guinea Prediction & Analysis
Algeria were held to a 0-0 draw in the opener, by Sierra Leone. And this will probably motivate them to go after a huge win this weekend. After all, they will be keen to get to the knockouts as group champions.
The team has been in good form lately. They are on a 28-match unbeaten streak, stretching back to October of 2019. In fact, they had remained unbeaten in 45 of their last 46 games, and the sole loss during this stretch had come against Morocco.
On the other hand, Guinea lost 0-1 against Ivory Coast, and already are placed bottom-most in the group. They were also winless in 35 of their past 49 matches, and their rare wins during this run had come against some of the weakest teams in Africa.
Considering recent form, ranking, previous performances in the Cup of Nations etc, expect the reigning title-holders to deliver a convincing win this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Algeria are ranked 29th in the world, while their counterparts for the day are placed 85 spots below at the 114th position.
- The defending champions had remained unbeaten through the six fixtures of qualification. In fact, four of them were wins, and they had a combined scorecard of 19-6 from the six matches.
- Meanwhile, Guinea had lost three of their total six qualification games, and they had a combined scorecard of 7-7 from the whole tournament.
- The Algerians had a 100% winning record in the 2019 edition of the Cup of Nations – barring the Quarter Final, which went into penalties.
- They had also conceded a total of just two goals all through the campaign. Once in the Quarters, and once in the semis.
Tips for Algeria vs Equatorial Guinea
Algeria –1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.25 (5/4)
Correct Score: 3-0 Algeria @ 9.00 (8/1).