Alaves vs Celta Vigo
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021
Kick-off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Mendizorrotza.
Both teams have had tough starts to their respective campaigns in the Spanish top flight. However, Alaves have managed to get better, and lately they have been on an unbeaten streak.
They will surely try to keep building momentum, and continue posting points on the board. And they have a great opportunity this Saturday, as they are pitted against Celta, who have been a mess right from the time the competition commenced.
And judging the h2h record at this venue as well, expect a win for the hosts Alaves this Saturday at the Estadio Mendizorrotza.
Alaves vs Celta Vigo Head-to-head (h2h)
- Two of the past three clashes had three or more goals.
- At this venue, the hosts have lost just once since 2009.
- In the past 15-year period, the visitors have kept a single clean sheet at this stadium.
- The latest match-up at this stadium had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
Alaves vs Celta Vigo Prediction & Analysis
Alaves recorded a 2-2 draw the last match-day on the road, against Sevilla – who have been one of the best teams in the country for the past several years.
The team is also on a five-match unbeaten run, and lately they have been on a determined run to make amends for their slow start to their season.
On the other hand, Celta were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Villarreal. They are also on a four-game winless stretch, and had remained winless in 11 of their past 14 fixtures.
Going on, they also have a poor h2h record at this venue against this opponent over the years as well.
Considering these observations, expect Alaves to be the better team on the pitch this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Celta have won just thrice all through this season, and all three wins had come against teams currently placed 17th or below in the table.
- They have conceded two or more goals in two of their past four fixtures, and had failed to score in two of their four games.
- Meanwhile, Alaves are on a five-fixture unbeaten streak, and three of these were wins.
- They had scored two or more goals in three of their last five matches, and they have lost just four times at home since May of 2021. These four defeats had come against teams currently placed 13th or above in the table.
Tips for Alaves vs Celta Vigo
Draw No Bet: Alaves @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Alaves @ 2.00 (1/1).