Ajax vs Roda JC Kerkrade:
Dutch Eredivisie 2016/17,
Date: Saturday, 13 August 2016,
Kick-Off: 18:45 UK,
Venue: Amsterdam Arena.
Ajax hopes to maintain their unbeaten run when they welcome Roda JC Kerkrade at Amsterdam Arena on Saturday night.
The Amsterdam outfit opened their 2016/2017 Eredivisie campaign with a 3-1 away victory against Sparta Rotterdam last weekend, Ajax scored the four goals of the game as Nemanja Gudelj scored an own goal.
Youngster Daley Sinkgraven impressed for The Amsterdam side as he scored and assisted to gift Ajax their first win of the season.
Meanwhile Roda were lucky to level up last week as they drew 1-1 at home against Heracles on Sunday. The win raised Roda’s unbeaten Tally to 7 in all competition which includes pre-season games, they will hope to extend the streak.
Roda’s new signing Adil Auassar was instrumental in their opening game draw, he got his name on the score sheet, which helped them secure a point in the first game.
Ajax vs Roda: Head to Head statistics
- The Amsterdam side have lost only 6 games to Roda in their last 46 games, they have won 28 games.
- Ajax have dominated their last 15 games, they have won 11.
- At home Ajax has an excellent form against Roda, they have won 19 of their 23 games, they lost 1 and drawn 3.
- Also Ajax have kept clean sheets in 5 in their last 7 games and have won 8 of them.
Ajax vs Roda: Prediction
The home side are huge favourite in this game, they have kicked off their season in confidence and are hoping for a second win.
Roda fought so hard to end their first game in draw, they were not as bright as their host, but they will hope to get their season rolling with this game,
I predict a win for the home team with a score line of 2-0
Ajax vs Roda: Tips
- Ajax to win with clean sheet.
- Ajax over 1.5 goals.