Ajax vs AZ Alkmaar
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Kick-off at 15:45 UK / 16:45 CET
Venue: Johan Cruijff Arena.
As if playing Ajax is not difficult enough, AZ Alkmaar have to do it in Amsterdam. They generally played much weaker on the road than at home so far in the season. The home court advantage will thus play an additional role for Ajax here. Their rivals have lost five of eight away fixtures this season.
Ajax vs AZ Alkmaar Head-to-head
- Ajax won each of the last three meetings with AZ.
- None of the last eight head to head matches between these two sides produced goals at both ends.
- Ajax won 20, drew 4, and lost 4 of the last 28 home matches against AZ Alkmaar.
Ajax vs AZ Alkmaar Predictions & Analysis
Ajax host AZ Alkmaar in one of the most interesting matches of Gameweek No 16 on Sunday afternoon at Johan Cruijff Arena.
The hosts head into the game as big favorites. They are one point clear at the top of the league standings with a record of 11 wins, 3 draws, and 1 defeat in the opening 15 outings.
Ajax’s domestic dominance can best be recognized in the team’s defensive numbers for the season.
The team led by Erik ten Hag have conceded only two goals in the Eredivisie since the beginning of the 2021/22 campaign. Just to remind you, this is the 16th round clash.
Ajax at the same time have by far the best attacking record in the division with 48 goals scored in 15 outings.
They demolished Willem II 5-0 at home last Thursday in the previous round. Also, ten Hag’s men managed all six wins in the UEFA Champions League group stage.
The latest came on Wednesday night when they demolished Sporting Lisbon 4-2 in Amsterdam.
AZ Alkmaar hold the 8th position in the league standings and they really do not have much to hope for in this clash against the strongest team in the league.
Key Stats for Betting
- Ajax will go into this on the back of five straight wins across competitions.
- They have scored nine goals in the last two victories over Willem II and Sporting CP.
- AZ Alkmaar won two, drew one, and lost five of eight away fixtures this season in Eredivisie.
- AZ Alkmaar did not score in the last three clashes against Ajax.
Tips for Ajax vs AZ Alkmaar
Ajax to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.61 (8/13)
HT/FT Ajax/Ajax @ 1.66 (4/6)