AFC Wimbledon vs Bolton Wanderers
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kingsmeadow (London)
Bolton is continuing their poor form in this season. They have only 1 win in the last 10 games in League One. Recently they put an end to a 5 match losing streak with a draw against Accrington at home.
Wimbledon was themselves fighting for a win that evaded them in 7 matches. They lost 16 games until now and have more draws than wins. Thanks to those stalemates they were able to avoid the relegation zone.
AFC Wimbledon vs Bolton Wanderers: Head-to-head (h2h)
- In their 3 previous head to head matches, Bolton remains unbeaten (W1, D2).
- Both teams scored in all those 3 meetings.
- In 2 of those games across all venues, 2 matches had over 2.5 goals.
- Bolton won the only game at this ground back in August 2016.
- They have no wins in their 6 recent league games.
- The Wanderers are on a 6 match losing streak away from home at present.
AFC Wimbledon vs Bolton Wanderers: Prediction
The hosts have managed to draw their last 2 home matches and have not scored in both of them. In their previous 10 matches, they remain unbeaten in 8 games which have only 3 wins. Meanwhile, the Wanderers have lost 13 of their 15 away games this league season.
It would be a huge risk to go with the visitors who won on the road previously back in October 2019. They have not scored in 5 away games lately but have conceded plenty. They are giving away 2 goals per match in the league and I expect them to do the same in London too.
Wimbledon is my favorites to win this one based on their recent away win against Gillingham. They showed real character to get a goal in injury time to secure 3 points at the home of tough opposition. So I am backing the hosts to win and I don’t think both sides will get on the score sheet on Saturday.
AFC Wimbledon vs Bolton Wanderers: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
- Both teams to score: No @ 2.10 (11 /10).