Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory
Australia A-League, Season 2016/17.
Date: Saturday, 7th January, 2017
Kick-Off: 7:50 pm AEDT/ 8:50 am UK
Venue: Coopers Stadium, Adelaide.
One of the biggest rivalries in the A-League will ignite again as Adelaide United take on Melbourne Victory at Coopers Stadium in Adelaide on Saturday the 7th of January.
Currently anchored at the bottom of the table with 7 points, United will be looking to get a home win against the Victory who are in second spot on 26 points.
Last round saw Adelaide United get a 0-0 away draw against Wellington Phoenix. It was yet another great performance for Melbourne in their last round with a 4-2 win against Newcastle Jets.
A win for Untied could see them off the bottom of the table while a Victory win could close the gap with Sydney FC on top of the table.
Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory: Head-to-Head Statistics
- Melbourne Victory have a resounding lead in the head-to-head record with 21 wins compared to Adelaide’s 8.
- There have also been 9 draws between these sides.
- Last time these sides met was at the same ground in round 3 of this season where Melbourne Victory scrapped a 2-1 win.
- The 3 previous meetings has seen a result but 3 of the past 4 meetings at Coopers Stadium have ended in draws.
- Adelaide have only won 1 of the past 10 meetings against Melbourne and have to go back to round 20 of the 2012/13 season where United won their last home game against the Victory.
Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory: Predictions
Despite the big gap on the table, this match should be a fiery encounter like all the previous meetings.
United need to find a way to score goals which has been an issue throughout the whole season. The Victory will want to see their attack fire once again especially against an Adelaide defence that has leaked goals.
It is hard not to go past Melbourne Victory’s form right now and should get the win against Adelaide Untied who only have 1 win so far this season.
Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory: Bet Tips
Melbourne Victory to win at 11/10 (2.10)
Over 2.5 goals at 2/3 (1.67).