Accrington vs Tranmere
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Crown Ground (Accrington).
The home team is 16th in the points table after 34 rounds. But they are currently on a winless run in 3 matches. Irregular form at home has cost them recently after having a 4 match win streak.
Tranmere came back to winning ways in the last league game. This was also their first win in 2020. They have enough firepower to break the home defense but I am not sure that a goal would be enough.
Accrington vs Tranmere: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Tranmere stays unbeaten in the last 2 head to head matches against this opposition.
- They have won 3 of the last 4 meetings against Accrington.
- The last time Stanley won was in September 2014 in a League Two fixture.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in the last 5 clashes between them.
- The reverse fixture was a draw at Tranmere with both teams scoring a goal each.
- In 4 games between them at this ground, the hosts have 1 win and 2 defeats.
- Less than 2.5 goals were recorded at full time in 3 of those 4 matches.
- Tranmere kept clean sheets in 3 matches during that spell.
Accrington vs Tranmere: Prediction
Tranmere will be buzzing after their latest win over Shrewsbury. That result ended an 11 game winless run for the Rovers. Stanley was disappointed in their last 3 matches unable to win at least one of them. Even Bolton Wanderers were able to get a point from them in the last league fixture.
The away win against Shrewsbury was Accrington’s only win in 7 previous matches on the road. Accrington was able to get at least a point from 9 of their 16 home matches. So I am backing the hosts to get a narrow win over Tranmere Rovers.
About 2.8 goals were scored per match in Accrington’s league season so far. They have netted 46 goals in total even though they have conceded more. The visitors have scored only 32 in the same number of games and their matches had an average of 2.9 goals per game. The last head to head t this ground saw both teams finding the back of the net. So I am backing a scoreline with both teams in the score sheet.
Accrington vs Tranmere: Betting Tips
Accrington Stanley to win @ 1.83 (5/6).
Both teams to score @ 1.75 (3/4).