Accrington vs Sunderland
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Crown Ground.
Sunderland are one of the title prospects in the League One this season. They are placed second in the table, and have been one of the best offensive sides in the competition through the campaign.
Meanwhile, Accrington have been fairly inconsistent in 2021-22, and they have rarely delivered good defensive performances at home. Moreover, they have a worrying h2h record against this foe over the years too.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Sunderland this weekend at the Crown Ground.
Accrington vs Sunderland Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for Sunderland.
- They had won five of the past six meetings.
- They had scored two or more goals in every single clash contested in the past decade.
- The guests had scored three or more goals in all but one encounter at this venue.
Accrington vs Sunderland Prediction & Analysis
Accrington were winless in 10 of the past 15 overall fixtures, and they have a total of just three wins at this venue in the past three-month period.
On the other hand, Sunderland have lost just twice in the previous nine games, and one of these losses had come against Arsenal in the EFL Cup.
And most importantly, they have a superb h2h record against this foe over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for the second-placed Sunderland this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sunderland have scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the league.
- In fact, while they have scored 51 goals so far, only four others have even managed to score more than 40.
- Meanwhile, Accrington have won just thrice at home since the first week of October.
- They have kept a total of just two clean sheets at home in league matches since the first week of September.
Tips for Accrington vs Sunderland
Sunderland to Win @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Sunderland @ 1.90 (9/10).