AC Milan vs Torino
Italy – Coppa Italia
Date: Tuesday, 12 January 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (San Siro) (Milan).
The road to Coppa Italia quarter-finals this season is wide open to AC Milan. With their squad strength and current performance in the league schedule, they are a strong favorite to qualify for the next round of the tournament this week at San Siro.
Torino has been struggling in the Serie A table this season and facing the table-leaders of that campaign for a 1/8 final will be a tough call for the visitor. The winner of this match at Milan will face the winners out of Inter Milan and Fiorentina for the quarter-finals.
AC Milan vs Torino Head-to-head (h2h)
- The host has been unbeaten in their previous three meetings across all major contests.
- Their previous encounter in January 2021 Serie A fixture gave a 2-0 home win for Milan.
- The visitor has won only two of their last 28 clashes across all major competitions.
- Both teams have scored goals in only two of their recent five fixtures since 2019.
- Only one of their last five overall matches has ended in a draw, and that was in Coppa.
AC Milan vs Torino Prediction
There is no doubt that the match is sizing to be a high-scoring affair in the tournament, with probably over 2.5 goals in full-time. Both teams are playing in the same tier in the domestic league, Serie A. But AC Milan is at the top of the table with 40 points picked up from 12 wins and 4 draws in their 17 league clashes. Meanwhile, Torino is a strong contender for relegation this season in Serie A.
Milan has lost only one of their 17 Serie A clashes this season until now. On the contrary, the visitor has only 2 wins in their 17 appearances in the league so far this term. This gives a huge advantage for the home team along with the ground advantage in the fixture. Thus, the home win in full-time will probably be the best bet for the punters to yield decent returns.
AC Milan vs Torino Betting tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.66 (4/6).
Full-time result: AC Milan @ 1.60 (3/5).