AC Milan vs Juventus
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 23 January 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Both these teams are usually counted amongst the best in Italy. Juve had totally dominated the football scene in Italy in the second decade of the 21st century, while Milan’s reign came before that.
However, both these squads are nowhere near the level of their earlier dominance. Milan might have witnessed some improvement in the past two years, while for the Old Lady, this is a time of reality check, as they are struggling to even make it into the top-four.
Anyhow, these two squads share an intense rivalry, and it’s a matter of pride for them to win matches against each other.
By all means expect a fierce encounter between the two this weekend, and it’s expected that both will find the back of the net.
AC Milan vs Juventus Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Three of the past four clashes had goals from both teams.
- Since 2014, only once have Juve failed to score at this venue.
- The latest match-up at this ground had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
AC Milan vs Juventus Prediction & Analysis
Milan lost 1-2 at home the last match-day, against Spezia. It was only their fourth loss this league season, and moreover, they were on a four-game winning streak before that. Note that they had scored three or more goals in all four of these fixtures.
Do also note that they have failed to score at home just once since May in all competitions, and this fixture was against Napoli.
On the other hand, Juve registered a 2-0 win at home the past game week, against Udinese. They are also on an eleven-match unbeaten run (with their only loss during this stretch coming in extra time, against Inter).
Note that they had scored two or more goals in five of their last seven games as well.
Taking into account all these stats, as well as previous h2h scorelines, expect either squad to find the back of the net at least once this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Milan are placed second in the table, and they have lost just four times all through the campaign.
- They have scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition, with the exception of Inter.
- Meanwhile, Juventus are one of the only two teams in the league to have remained unbeaten in the past five match-days in the league.
- Since April, only once have the Old Lady failed to find the back of the net on the road. It was against Chelsea, in the Champions League.
Tips for AC Milan vs Juventus
Full Time Result: Draw @ 3.25 (9/4)
Correct Score: 1-1 Draw @ 7.00 (6/5).