Aberdeen vs Hibernian
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Pittodrie Stadium (Aberdeen)
Aberdeen needs to win at home if they wish to stay at the Championship group. But with 4 defeats on the row, the coach is getting a lot of stick from the fans. The last league match was away at Kilmarnock which they had lost in the first half then came back to draw at 2-2.
The Hibs are also on a 2 match winless run but have some important wins away from home. They have enough power to get at least a point from this game.
Aberdeen vs Hibernian: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have won 2 of the last 5 head to head games across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those 5 matches.
- Both sides scored in 3 matches on the trot as well.
- The Hibs won the reverse fixture with a full-time score of 3-0.
- The hosts have not lost at this ground since May 2012.
- They have 4 wins in the 7 head to head matches since that loss.
- In 5 of those 7 matches, the final score had less than 2.5 goals.
Aberdeen vs Hibernian: Prediction
Of all clubs, Hibernian lost to bottom team Hearts in their last home match. After such a disappointing result they will need to improve defense big time. Aberdeen was also winless in their last league fixture. So we can expect a close contest on Saturday.
In three recent head to head games where the score had goals from both sides. Aberdeen gave away goals in 5 recent matches in both Cup and league. The Hibs also failed to get a clean sheet in 4 matches on the trot. So I hope we may see both teams getting in the score sheet.
Both teams are without wins in their respective league matches. So I am expecting them to struggle to get an upper hand against each other. Aberdeen has no home advantage to speak off as they have lost the last 4 home games. So I am backing a draw at Aberdeen in this upcoming game.
Aberdeen vs Hibernian: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.95 (10/11).
Match to draw @ 3.50 (5/2).