Pescara vs Fiorentina
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Wednesday, 1 February 2017
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK,
Venue: Stadio Adriatico-Giovanni Cornacchia (Pescara).
Fiorentina will hope to make up for a disappointing result over the weekend as they travel to take on struggling side Pescara on Wednesday.
This Serie A match between Pescara and Fiorentina was orginally scheduled on 8th January 2017, was then cancelled due to bad weather.
From a neutral perspective, and perhaps also from the viewpoint of Genoa fans, the six goal thriller between the Grifone and Fiorentina this past Sunday was an entertaining one from start to finish. But for Paulo Sousa’s side, the one point earned will feel like two points lost. For starters, Fiorentina thought they were cruising after securing a two goal lead, and in addition, Genoa had been in a dismal run of form – especially on the road.
However, football indeed is an unpredictable thing, and the visitors, inspired by Giovanni Simeone – son of Atletico Madrid boss Diego – managed to claw their way back into the game. The match ended on a rather sour note as Fiorentina saw Federico Bernadeschi sent off, meaning that he will not be available for the trip to take on Pescara.
The draw leaves Fiorentina sitting in eighth spot, six points away from a Europa League berth, but Sousa’s men do have this game in hand. As for their upcoming opponents Pescara, it appears that their misery has no end. The Delfini still are the only team yet to win an actual game on the pitch and will come into this game having lost four out of their last five games.
That includes three on the trot and a recent 3-0 drubbing at the hands of Inter on Saturday. Not exactly what a struggling side needs ahead of welcoming a foe who will be smarting after throwing away all three points this past weekend.
Pescara vs Fiorentina: Head-to-head statistics
- Pescara have won just one out of their last 20 home games against teams ranked above them in the table (five draws, 14 losses).
- Fiorentina have a record of W8-D7-L5 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked below them in the table.
- Fiorentina have won nine of their 12 Serie A games against Pescara (D2, L1).
- The Gigliati are unbeaten in their six away top-flight games against Pescara (W4, D2).
- Pescara have never scored more than one goals per game in that period
- The Delfini are winless in their past 36 Serie A games (except the awarded win against Sassuolo), But their last Serie A win was against Fiorentina – four years ago in January 2013.
Pescara vs Fiorentina: Prediction
This will be a good chance for Fiorentina to pick up a much needed three points. Although the Viola do not have the best form away from home, Pescara have lost 12 out of their last 14 matches across all competitions. In addition, the Delfini have conceded at least one goal in their past 16 consecutive games and have lost four out of their last five ties at the Stadio Adriatico-Giovanni Cornacchia.
Pescara vs Fiorentina: Betting tips
Fiorentina to WIN at 3/4 (1.75)
Fiorentina Over 1.5 team goals 4/5 (1.75).
Over 2.5 Match Goals at 4/5 (1.80).