Gabon vs Morocco: Preview And Prediction

Gabon vs Morocco
African World Qualifiers – 2018 World Cup
Date: Saturday, 8th October 2016.
Kick-off: 16:00 WAT
Venue: Stade de Franceville.

Gabon meets Morocco for the 2nd time this year. Both sides meet during the group stage of the CHAN championship that took place in Rwanda.

Gabon narrowly went pass Mozambique to claim a spot in Africa’s last World cup qualifiers stage. The Panthers lost the first leg, but came home to turn things around as they leaped pass Mozambique with 2-1 aggregate win. Gabon is ranked 34th in Africa and 108th in the world.

Morocco experienced similar fortune as Gabon on their way to the 3rd round of the Qualifiers. The Atlas Lion leaped pass Equatorial Guinea with a 2-1 aggregate win to book their place in the qualification for the World Cup, as they are in search of their first World cup ticket in 4 editions. Finally, Morocco is ranked 9th in Africa and 56th in the world.

Gabon vs Morocco: Head to Head Statistics

  • Gabon has one win their last 5 games in all competition. The panthers won their last 2 World cup qualifiers games at home, defeating Niger 4-1 in 2013, and Mozambique 2-0 at the previous round of the on-going 2018 qualifiers.
  • Morocco national football team is unbeaten in 7 straight games in all competition. However, the atlas lion have failed to win in their last 2 world cup qualifiers games, suffered a 3-1 defeat in Tanzania (2013), and 1-0 loss in Equatorial guinea at the previous round of the on-going 2018 qualifiers
  • In the last 5 meetings between both sides, Gabon as 3 wins and with 2 ending in a draw. However, both side were in same world cup qualification group en-route the 1998 world cup. Morocco top that group and gathered maximum point in their 2 legged meeting with Gabon, scoring 6 goals and conceding non.

Gabon vs Morocco: Prediction

Gabon will be meeting an inform Morocco side, been tutored by one of the best Manager on Africa continent.

Therefore, the game promises a lot of end to end pacey action with a 60% chance of both side sharing the points. And 40% chance of Morocco getting the victory. However, I predict both teams getting at least a goal each.

Gabon vs Morocco: Betting Tips

  • Both Teams to Score at 2.10 (21/20).
SHARE
An Accountant by profession, whose love for football took him deep into the world of sport broadcasting and journalism. Seun believes in football as a tool for unity, peace, and friendship, and decided to join League lane in achieving this and most especially bringing people up to speed about happening in the round leather game.