Adelaide United vs Melbourne City
Australia A-League, Season 2016/17.
Date: Thursday, 12th January, 2017
Kick-Off: 7:50pm AEDT/ 8:50am UK
Venue: Coopers Stadium, Adelaide.
The first game of round 15 will be Adelaide United hosting Melbourne City at Coopers Stadium in Adelaide on Thursday the 12th of January. Adelaide are still bottom of the table with 6 points while City are in third place on 23 points.
Another loss for Adelaide United in their last game as they went down 2-0 to their biggest rivals in Melbourne Victory. Meanwhile, Melbourne City were able to get a 1-0 win over Western Sydney Wanderers in their last match.
Adelaide United vs Melbourne City: Head-to-Head Statistics
- The head-to-head record goes the way of Adelaide United with 9 wins compared to Melbourne City’s 6.
- There have been 5 draws between these sides but the last one has not occurred in the past 8 meetings.
- Last time these sides met was round 4 of this season where City won 2-1.
- City’s record against United at Cooper Stadium has been good recently with winning their past 2 matches in Adelaide.
- United have to go back to 2014/15 season to find their last home win against City.
Adelaide United vs Melbourne City: Prediction
A game where Adelaide United need to play well but also just as important for Melbourne City to gain consecutive wins.
Adelaide have scored the fewest goals this season with just 10 goals and their last goal was 4 rounds ago when an own goal happened so they need their striker in Sergio Guardiola to step up and start scoring.
Melbourne have a strong squad for this game and it will be hard for United to break down their defence and handle City’s attack when they have the ball.
A win for Adelaide could see them move to ninth spot while a City win will keep them in third place
Despite the home advantage, this fixture looks set for an away win for Melbourne City over Adelaide United.
Adelaide United vs Melbourne City: Bet Tips
Melbourne City to win at 6/5 (2.20).